Since way back in 1997, ICAM has been convinced of the importance of adopting an organic approach, and it was the first Italian chocolate manufacturer to rise to the organic challenge.
ICAM’s organic approach means respect for the natural characteristics of its products. No chemical and microbiological treatments are used, and production complies with the times and methods established by nature for each stage in the chain: from growing, preparing and storing the ingredients to processing them. Specific requisites vary from one country to the next, but in general require compliance with a series of standards and regulations governing production, growing, conservation, processing, packaging and shipping. These include:
- not using chemical or synthetic products, genetically modified organisms or irradiation at any stage of the production process
- growing ingredients on agricultural land on which no chemical substances have been used for a considerable number of years
- traceability and the adoption of a documented production system
- keeping organic and conventional products strictly separate from each other
- regular on-site inspections
ICAM is able to guarantee exactly where its cocoa comes from and to offer all markets products compliant with national and international organic farming standards.